Dear Fellow Intercessors of Michigan:
MICHOP Hours of Power:
Mondays: We encourage fasting for the state and nation, corporately across the State of Michigan, every Monday.
Tuesdays: 5:00-6:30p - Joe Spadafore prayer leader. Come join us for prayer after work. Drop in for as long or as short as it is good for you.
Wednesdays: 7-9a - Gina Johnsen prayer leader.
Wednesdays: 11:30a-1:00p (legislative luncheon for legislators and their staff) - Cindy Holliday, Anne Hill, Kim Laforet, Carolyn Arnold, Charmein Downer, Carroll Tobias and Toivo Hinamanu are our faithful volunteers to host these luncheons.
Thursdays: 11a-2p – Donna Newell, Leslie Jakeway, and Gwen Hummel prayer leaders. (Still looking for one more volunteer to assist on one Thursday/month).
Mondays: 7-8p - EATON COUNTY Prayer
Crosswalk Teen Center (not MICHOP)
103 W. Lawrence Ave
Charlotte, MI 48813
Regular Parking Policy - those who are serving as hosts/hostesses at MICHOP have first priority to use 3 designated parking spaces at MICHOP. If you would like to use the parking spaces and are not serving at MICHOP, please email or call me to see if they might be available that day. Thanks!
CLEANING at MICHOP - thanks to Ellen Lambright for faithfully cleaning MICHOP twice/month for all of us! We also want to stay mindful of keeping the place neat and clean for each other, as we use it each week and prepare it for the groups who come in after us.
Verses this week -
I Tim 2:1-2 – "Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence."
Romans 8:1-11 - “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. What the law could not do since it was limited by the flesh, God did. He condemned sin in the flesh by sending His own Son in flesh like ours under sin's domain, and as a sin offering, in order that the law's requirement would be accomplished in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh think about the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, about the things of the Spirit. For the mind-set of the flesh is death, but the mind-set of the Spirit is life and peace. For the mind-set of the flesh is hostile to God because it does not submit itself to God's law, for it is unable to do so. Those who are in the flesh cannot please God. You, however, are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, since the Spirit of God lives in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him. Now if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit of life because of righteousness. And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead lives in you, then He who raised Christ from the dead will also bring your mortal bodies to life through His Spirit who lives in you."
Psalm 34:7-9 - "The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him, and He rescues them. Taste and see that the Lord is good. How happy is the man who takes refuge in Him! You are His holy ones, who fear Yahweh, for those who fear Him lack nothing."
Psalms 66-70: meditation Psalms for this week.
Prayer points for this week -
1. Federal Government
- Continued protection and wisdom for our military and all decisions concerning international relations - Russia, N. Korea, Syria, Egypt.
- Wisdom for helping Christians in Egypt who are suffering great injury and death for their faith. Rescue and prosper them. Grow the church in Egypt.
- God's appointed men and women into federal positions of authority. There are yet thousands of positions of service/authority in the fed gov that are being attempted to be filled in the next few months. Let's agree together for God's people to fill every position, so that the corruption, evil, ungodliness, and unholy alliances will be stopped and God's righteous ways that set people free will be set into motion and established again in our country.
- Safe borders, wisdom for setting and enforcing policies for immigration and true refugees.
2. State of Michigan
- EVENTS -
- Th, April 27, 6pm - Students For Life of Michigan's Fundraising Banquet, speaker Jay Watts - Kellogg Center, East Lansing, MI - Free - sflmichigan.org/banquet.
- Tue, May 2, luncheon lecture - Rev Robert Sirico, President, Acton Institute and Pastor at Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish (Grand Rapids), speaking on "Globalization or Global Governance: Knowing Good from Bad in an Age of Economic Nationalism" - Detroit Athletic Club - $50 Adult, $25 Student - www.acton.org/events.
- Th, May 4, Noon at Capitol in Lansing, many other locations around the state - NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER - MICHOP will be open too.
- Fri-Sat, May 5-6, Fri, 11am - 8:30pm, Sat, 10am - 8:30pm, Michigan Oak Initiative "Awakening the Church for Engaging Culture in a time of Divisiveness", speakers: Glenn Plummer, William Wagner, Patrick Colbeck, Dave Agema, Ellis Smith - Epicenter of Worship Church, Lansing - theoakinitiaive.org, 616-884-5869.
- Mon, May 15, 7pm - William Federer in Grosse Pointe (details to come).
- Tue, May 16 - William Federer in Lansing/Muskegon (details to come).
- Th, May 18, 7:30am - Michigan Prayer Breakfast, speaker Norm Miller - The Lansing Center - $30 each - call 517-374-1171 or michprayerbreakfast.org.
- Th, May 18, 2:30-4pm, Citizens for Traditional Values, Radisson Hotel Lansing, Annual Legislative Briefing - ctvmichigan.org/briefing.
- Th, May 18, 6pm, Grand Ledge Right to Life Annual Banquet - St Michael Church, Grand Ledge, MI - Speaker Paul Miller - $11 - firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-627-7210.
- Success with all of God's events in Michigan. God's words and preparation to come out of His speakers/leaders in each of these ministries mentioned above. Prosperous and inspired planning for each ministry, to advance the Kingdom of God in Michigan and throughout the nation.
- God's mercy, grace and victory to our lawyers at Salt & Light Global as they defend the Christians in city/county government in Jackson and in other regions of the country. www.slgwitness.com. (correction to this website from last week's email) - donations welcome.
- CHOICE in utility decisions/which kind of meters we have attached to our homes (affecting health, privacy, etc) - Smart Meter/Analog Meter choice.
- CHOICE with vaccines. HB 4425 and 4426 - ask your representatives to vote YES on these bills. Freedom from mandatory vaccines, retain parental choice for raising children (including vaccinations), health toxicity concerns, fetal aborted body parts in some of the vaccinations, etc. Prayer for TRUE science and responsible research to support information given to citizens, sponsored by our federal and state governments and healthcare organizations. Hype, emotion, "herd immunity", bullying and fear should not direct healthcare (or other) choices we make for ourselves and/or those dependent on us (children).
- Government Operations Committee - Senate Members:
Binsfeld Office Building
201 Townsend Street
Lansing, Michigan, 48933
Please feel free to write/email these senators who oversee the Government Operations Committee. Suggestion: thank them for their service to us in MI, and remind them that we are praying for them so they will do a good job carrying out their responsibilities. Invite them to lunch each Wed at MICHOP, 11:30am - 1:00pm.
Prayers for our state senators in the Government Operations Committee:
- Civil rights and regulations with state employees.
- Justice issues around employment of state workers, protection from retaliation for exercising free speech and assembly, etc.
- Redistricting for future elections and carrying out responsibilities and for tax bases - legislative districts.
- Implementation of healthcare and education regulations.
- Enforcement of state laws with state employees.
- Compensation and benefits for state employees.
- Freedom of Information and Open Meetings rights and regulations - implementation and enforcement of.
- Other injustice issues in the operations of our state government.
- Sen Arlan Meekhof, also Senate Majority Leader, to be the leader God has called him to be as head of this committee and as the leader of the MI Senate. Fear of the Lord to guide Him. Romans 8 to be in front and center of his life - God to give him the spirit of life and health to make righteous judgements and policies to support what is godly; to know the difference between right and wrong. To come into agreement with godly senators and the directives God has given them.
Press in this week for more of His wisdom, discernment and joy. "Do not be grieved, for the joy of the Lord is your strength." (Neh 8:10) Blessings to you all!